Monday, June 8, 2015

The Polished Bookworms: May 2015

Happy Monday guys, I know I'm late, but it's time for another TPB post. May's book choice was The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I haven't finished the book yet, and unfortunately, I'm not enjoying it very much. Nevertheless, I do plan on finishing it when I find some time. Who knows, maybe it'll get better.

For my mani, I decided to do a New York skyline because the story is set in New York. So I started off with a coat of white polish to make the sunset gradient for my background. I used all polish for the gradient, and this time I changed my technique. I didn't get many pieces of the sponge stuck to my nail this time, which is an improvement. I didn't dab the sponge on, I rolled it from one side to the other on my nail. Not sure if it makes sense, but it was kind of like when people stamp on a design. Well I did that with the sponge, and it was still very messy, but the end result was decent. The one thing I did not like was that the colors didn't really blend the best. I just need to keep practicing. Well anyways, I topped off the gradient with top coat to blend the colors a bit better and to seal in the gradient. I painted the skyline with black acrylic paint and a brush. Once it all dried, I added a coat of top coat to seal it all in.
Glossy:
Matte:
Glossy:
Matte:
With the Book Cover:
So what do you guys think? I'm actually very proud because the bridge and statue of liberty were pretty hard to do since the details were tiny. It's not perfect, but it looks okay. If you'd like to join this wonderful group, the links are below.

The Polished Bookworms: Facebook Page, Facebook Group, Instagram

Thanks for stopping by everyone, I hope you enjoyed this short post. Stay tuned for this month's read, The Giver by Lois Lowry. Until next time.
-Ana

Polishes Used:
White: Wet N Wild "French White Creme"
Yellow: NYC "Copabanana"
Yellow-Orange: Wet N Wild "Sunny Side Up"
Orange: NYC "Times Square Tangerine Creme"
Top Coat: LACC Beauty "2013 Top Coat"
Matte Top Coat: Wet N Wild "Matte Top Coat"

No comments:

Post a Comment