Sunday, August 31, 2014

Bestie Twin Nails with Emily!

I was contacted some time ago by Emily (@blueemster on IG), asking me if I'd like to do some Bestie Twin Nails with her. First of all, I was super excited because I love her account. She does beautiful swatches, and I couldn't believe she was approaching me to work with her. Total fangirl moment.

She wanted to do Cut Out nails because she had done them before, but she wanted to give them another try. I was happy with the suggestion because I'd been wanting to try out the design myself, for quite some time actually. We wanted them to have a kind of stained glass look, so we started talking about colors and the design for the other nails. She came up with the idea of having 2 of our nails all black with a dot of the lighter color towards the top of the nail. The colors we chose were Sea Green (her favorite color) and Blue (my favorite color). I picked a shade of blue that would go best with the Sea Green, and I think the choice was great. The end result was amazing.

Oh, and if you guys aren't following her yet, you totally should. Or at least check out her page and give her some love. She's super nice and talented, it was an honor doing these with her.

Here's the collage that Emily did of our manis, it's so cute.

Here are the Solo Shots of my mani, and the comparisons.
Glossy Top Coat:
 Matte Top Coat:
Matte Vs. Glossy Comparison:

I started out by making random lines on the nails for the Cut Out nail design. I painted on different sized triangles, and other shapes. I used black acrylic paint to do the lines, and I also used acrylic paint to color in the spaces. I left some of the spaces blank, trying to do it as random as possible. After I painted in the sea green and blue shapes twice (for opacity), I went over the lines again with the black acrylic paint to give it a cleaner look. On my index and pinky, I did 2 coats of the black polish, and added a dot of the sea green acrylic paint towards the top. Once everything was dry, I added Top Coat and I was done. If you have any questions, please leave them below and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can. Or for a faster reply, you can leave a comment on my Instagram.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I hope you enjoyed it.
Have a wonderful day!

Polishes Used:
Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Black Creme"
Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Clear Nail Protector"
Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Matte Top Coat"

Acrylic Paints Used:
Black: Apple Barrel "Black"
Sea Green: Craftsmart "Ocean Breeze"
Blue: Craftsmart "Deep Periwinkle"

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I love the color combo. The instructions are great too Ana. Very clear and easy to follow. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like them. I really loved the colors as well.
      Also, it's good to know that the instructions are easy to follow.

      Delete