Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Day 13: Ghosts

Boo!

Hi everyone, as you've already seen or guessed, this post is about a ghost nail design. I enjoyed doing this challenge very much. This design didn't take me too long to complete, and they came out so adorable! Don't believe me? Take a look, hehe. I don't think anyone can hate these cute little guys.
Glossy Top Coat:
Matte Top Coat:
Glossy:
Matte:

I began with 2 coats of white polish as my base color, and I proceeded to add 2 coats of the glow in the dark polish. The glow in the dark polish I used worked very well, and they did in fact glow. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a picture of them glowing in the dark. I wish I could have, because they looked pretty awesome. Okay, so after the polish dried (make sure each layer dries completely before adding another layer of polish) I started preparing the acrylic paint on my palette. I squeezed out some black and white paint onto the palette, and watered down a part of the black paint. With the watered down paint, I started to sketch out the outline of each ghost with a thin brush. When the outlines were completed, I filled in the backgrounds for each ghost. I then went back to each ghost and added the eyes with homemade dotting tools I have, and the end of the brush I was using. Once dried, I added some white dots to finish the eyes. I wanted the eyes to be kind of kawaii-like, that's why I added a smaller dot towards the bottom. On my pinky, I once again used the watered down black paint to draw out the word. Once the guide was done, I outlined it with the paint that wasn't watered down, and I used a toothpick for better control. After that, I doodled around the word and let everything dry. The last thing I did was finish off with top coat.

I hope you all found the instructions to these to be somewhat helpful, and that you liked the end result as well. I loved them so much that I didn't want to take them off. Well thank you for reading, until next time.

Polishes Used:
White: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "French White Creme"
Glow In The Dark: Sinful Colors "Glow in the Dark"
Glossy Top Coat: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Clear Nail Protector"
Matte Top Coat: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Matte Top Coat"

Acrylic Paint Used:
Black: Apple Barrel "Black"
White: Apple Barrel "White"

No comments:

Post a Comment