Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 7: Pattern

Hey guys, I hope you're all doing well. Today I bring you Day 7 of the Halloween Nail Art Challenge, Pattern. I originally did this mani for the previous challenge, hence the candy corn colors. But, I decided last minute to count this one as pattern instead because I really did want to do an actual candy corn mani. So anyways... on to the pictures.
Glossy Top Coat:
Glossy Top Coat:

First, I painted all my nails with Sinful Colors "Starry Night" as my base color, I did 2 coats to get it opaque. I purchased some crafting scissors some time ago at the 99 cents only store, so I could easily create chevrons with tape or those diy nail decals. I finally put those scissors to use, and it's something I should be using more often cuz it's genius. I painted some rectangles on a little plastic Ziploc bag with the colors I needed. I did 1 coat and waited for maybe 10 minutes, and then did a second coat, and finished it off with a topcoat after waiting 10 minutes again. You have to let them dry completely, I've heard that you should leave them for up to 3 hours or so. I waited less because I wanted to finish the design, and they were still kinda fragile. So I do recommend you waiting a bit longer so they can fully dry. After I peeled them off the bag, I started using the zig zag crafting scissors to make the chevrons. Once I finished cutting all the decals I'd be needing, I started to apply top coat so the decals could stick. I cut off the excess decal with tiny manicure scissors, and applied final top coat after all the decals were on.

Well I hope you liked these as much as I did, and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Polishes Used:
Black with glitter polish: Sinful Colors "Starry Night"
White: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "French White Creme"
Orange: NYC "Times Square Tangerine Creme"
Yellow: NYC "Copabanana"
Top Coat: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Clear Nail Protector"

No comments:

Post a Comment