Friday, March 20, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Nail Art

Hey guys, hope you're all having a wonderful day. So today I have the mani I did for St. Patrick's Day. I know it's a few days later, but I wanted to do a step-by-step on how I did this mani. I also took proper pictures, but I have to tell you it was a Nail Fail for me. I thought it would turn out nice, but it was the opposite. It looks pretty bad, and I didn't really want to share it. But, I did promise to take more pictures to show you guys. You can see I'm still learning, and it counts as part of my nail art journey, so here it is.
So to start, I decided to try making a watermarble decal. I've seen Yagala from Instagram do this a couple of times already, and I've been wanting to try it out myself. For the watermarble I used 3 different shades of green, and a gold. I made a design after adding the drops of polish, and proceeded to let let it dry for 20+ minutes. Once dry, I took it out from the water and set it down on a napkin. I put on a coat of white polish on my index and then added the decal. I did my best to smooth it out with an orange wood stick. On my middle and ring finger, I did 2 coats of E.l.f. Nail Polish "Pot of Gold". I cut out the extra piece of decal with some manicure scissors, and I chose a part of the decal that resembled a rainbow. I added a coat of top coat and then applied the "rainbow" decal on my middle finger. On my ring finger I added a clover decal I made with Daily Hues Nail Lacquer "Holly" and added gold chunky glitter around it. On my pinky, I used 2 coats of DHNL "Holly". To finish it all off I added top coat. Unfortunately, the watermarble decals smeared, which just ruined the mani for me.
Well I hope you guys liked these better than I did. Thanks for stopping by, and until next time.
-Ana

Polishes Used:
White: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "French White Creme"
Pine Green: Avon Nailwear Pro+ "Midnight Green"
Grass Green: Daily Hues Nail Lacquer "Holly"
Lime green: Wet N Wild (Fergie) "Glowstick"
Gold: E.l.f. Nail Polish "Pot of Gold"
Gold Glitter: E.l.f. Nail Polish "Gold Star"

No comments:

Post a Comment