Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Polished Bookworms: June 2015

Hi guys! It's time for another TPB mani, and I did it on time this month. Hooray! Lol. Anyways, this month we read The Giver by Lois Lowry. I have to say I enjoyed this book, it kept me interested until the end. The thing I didn't realize about the book though, was that it's part of a series, so it was left with a cliffhanger sort of ending. I hope to continue the series, because I really want to know what happens to the characters.

SPOILERS AHEAD:
What really stuck with me was the fact that the world the characters were living in was deprived of color. The main character, Jonas, was fascinated when he learned of them. I can't imagine living in a world without color, it seemed like a very plain and boring world. They also had a system of how they lived, and many rules. Families of 4, which were picked out by those in charge. Adults paired off and given 2 children. They'd be together until the children grew up, and left the parents to work and contribute to their community. There was a lot of talk concerning the elderly, people who violated rules, and newborns that weren't developing well. It was always said that they were released, which honestly didn't sound good to me at all, and it was later explained that "released" meant getting killed. Killing them off to not have to deal with them was just horrible to me. All to keep their world much simpler and easier. These kind if books make me think about how it'd be if we actually did live in a world like that. These books are usually interesting, but scary as well. Anyways, here's what I came up with for my mani.
My mani was inspired by the whole concept of color, as well as the Christmas memory the Giver gave Jonas where he learned of family and love. I saw it like a kind of coloring book for Jonas, since he little by little began to add color to his world, hence the watercolor look. I painted an apple because that was the first thing that Jonas saw with color. Then I added the river, I left some of it colorless since that's how he originally viewed it before knowing about color. I painted the rainbow the Giver showed Jonas in a memory, and the heart represents the feeling of love in the Christmas memory. All the painting was done with watered down acrylic paint and a brush, in case you were wondering.
Holding Sinful Colors "Snow Me White":
With the Book:
Well thank you for stopping by, I hope you liked the mani. Stay tuned for next month's book choice, we'll be reading Along Came A Spider by James Patterson. I'm actually still waiting for my library copy to be available, I just hope I get it in time. Also, if you're interested in joining The Polished Bookworms, just follow the links below.

The Polished Bookworms: Facebook PageFacebook GroupInstagram

Until next time.
-Ana

Polishes Used:
White: Sinful Colors "Snow Me White"
Top Coat: LACC Beauty "2013 Top Coat"


No comments:

Post a Comment