Monday, December 8, 2014

Day 28: Monster

Hey guys. Today's post is on Day 28: Monster, for the Halloween Nail Art Challenge. I honestly had no idea what to do for this challenge, but in the end I came up with the little monsters you're about to see. They look a bit like aliens and plankton from Spongebob, haha. Well anyways, let's get to the pictures and steps to paint these little guys.
As my base color, I used a new Avon (Speed Dry) polish I just got, it's called "Grey Flash". If you saw the picture I posted on Instagram of this polish, then you saw it had some green and purple shimmer to it, which was a nice surprise. I knew I had to use this one for this mani because I wanted to try it out, and grey just seemed like a good backdrop for monsters as well. Thinking about it now, I probably should've done purple and green monsters instead of the orange, it might have brought the shimmer out better. Anyways, after having my base color down, I used some white acrylic paint to do the outlines of the monsters. When that dried, I filled the spaces in with the orange (Sinful Colors "Courtney Orange") and purple (Sinful Colors "Let's Talk") polish. I applied a layer of top coat, let it dry; and added the eyes, eyebrows, and mouths using black and white acrylic paint. Again, I waited for that to dry and finished off with top coat.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed this short post, and sorry I'm still finishing off these challenges. I haven't really made time to complete them. Thanks for reading, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment