Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Day 31: Costume

Hi guys! Today I have the last Halloween Nail Art Challenge which was for Day 31, Costume. This challenge was to do a mani to match or go with your costume. I was a witch for Halloween, and I wore all black with some gold. So I just did a simple all gold mani topped with black sparkly glitter. I didn't have any pictures taken of my whole costume, which I probably should have, that way I'd be able to show you. I'll just have to explain it as best as I can.
I wore black skinny jeans, a black sweater shirt with 3/4 length sleeves, and a black spaghetti strap underneath. I had a witch hat I purchased some years ago, and I added a black spider which I painted a bit of gold on. I also made a wand with a chopstick, hot glue, and beads; I painted it gold and added a bit of copper and black in some parts. For make-up, I used some loose gold eyeshadow on my eyelids and patted some of it over my dark red lipstick, and I couldn't forget the black eyeliner and mascara. As for accessories, I used an owl necklace I had and some black and silver long earrings. I tried keeping everything black and gold for the most part.
The gold polish is Wet N Wild (Craze) "Goldmine", I believe I did 2 or 3 coats. Then I just applied 1 coat of Super Nails Lacquer "Black Cat Crossing" on each nail. As you can see, 1 coat is good enough, even if I had to fish for the cat glitters. Turning the polish bottle upside down for a while can help the larger glitter go down, or to the top, depending how you look at it. Lol! Well, I forgot to turn it upside down but if you do, that will make it much easier to get out the larger glitters. Anyways I placed a cat on my ring finger and thumb. I wasn't able to top coat because I did the mani last minute. But it still looked good, and I liked it.

Well that's the end of the challenge and this mani, I hope you guys enjoyed the post. I'm glad that I finally was able to finish the Halloween Nail Art Challenge, even if it was a bit over a month late. Thank you for reading, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment