Sunday, March 8, 2015

Inspired Nail Art

Hi everyone! Today I have a mani inspired by @sarahmcgphoto on Instagram. She did a lip art inspired by Bettlejuice, which inspired me to do these. I really liked the design she did, and I automatically wanted to try it out. She has some amazing work, so I recommend you check her page out.
To begin, I painted on 2 coats of Wet N Wild "French White Creme", and did the rest in acrylic paints. I painted on the stripes with black paint, and cleaned up the sides with white paint. After adding a coat of top coat, I went ahead and painted the green drips. The reason I added the top coat between the stripes and the drips, was in case I made a mistake. I didn't want to risk messing up the design. I added the white highlights on the drips and let them dry. To finish off, I added the final top coat.
Glossy Top Coat:
Matte Top Coat:
Glossy Top Coat:
Matte Top Coat:
Well the end result came out ok. I wasn't completely in love with these, I believe I could've done a better job to be honest. That being said, I might have to re-do these again in the future.
Mani Comparison:
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this short post. Remember, you can follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin'. Until next time.
-Ana

Acrylic Paints Used:
Apple Barrel White
Apple Barrel Black
Apple Barrel Lime Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment