Friday, May 15, 2015

Lupus Awareness Month

Happy Friday everyone! Today's mani is for Lupus Awareness Month. I wanted to do a mani to show support for those who have lupus, especially my dear friend Abby who suffers from this disease. Lupus is a disease where the person's immune system attacks its own healthy cells and tissue, because it can't tell good and bad cells/tissue apart. It isn't contagious, and it can be treated.
Ribbon and butterfly images from Google, edit by me:
The Lupus Awareness ribbon is purple, and the symbol is a butterfly. So, I chose to do butterfly nails with a purple base. I thought "Color Me Happy" by Stardust Polish was perfect for it, I did 3 coats. To even it out and have a good surface to paint on, I did 1 coat of matte top coat. Once dry, I used acrylic paint to draw the butterfly wings. All that was left to do was to seal it all in with top coat.
Holding Stardust Polish "Color Me Happy":
Well that's pretty much it for this post. I hope it has shed some light on the topic, and if it's reached at least one person, then it's good enough. Thank you for stopping by, until next time everyone.
-Ana

Polishes Used:
Base Color: Stardust Polish "Color Me Happy"
Matte Top Coat: Wet N Wild "Matte Top Coat"
Top Coat: LACC Beauty "2013 Top Coat"

No comments:

Post a Comment