Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mental Health Awareness Month

Hi guys, hope you're all doing well. Today I have another awareness mani. May is also Mental Health Awareness Month, it's a topic that is very real and a part of my life. I, like so many other people, suffer from severe anxiety and depression. So I wanted to bring some awareness towards the subject by doing a mani. I know it's not much, but if it reaches and catches the attention of at least one person, then it's served its purpose.
Ribbon and statistic images from Google, edit by me:
Since the ribbon is green, I thought that should be the color I should use. Apart from that, I decided to do a white to black gradient representing the light and darkness of depression, which is one of many mental illnesses there are. The sadness and hopelessness one feels is represented by the black. The grey could be interpreted as the person coming out of that dark place and getting better. While the white represents the light at the end of the tunnel, when the illness has been defeated, and the person is better. Also, I added a glitter placement white ribbon on my middle nail.
Holding Wet N Wild (Fergie) "Glowstick":
Well thank you for stopping by, and I do hope this post has brought some awareness on the topic. Until next time guys, take care.
-Ana

Polishes Used:
Green: Wet N Wild (Fergie) "Glowstick"
White: Wet N Wild "French White Creme"
Black: Wet N Wild "Black Creme"
B&W Glitter Topper: Nabi Nail Lacquer "Black Flake"
Top Coat: LACC Beauty "2013 Top Coat"

No comments:

Post a Comment