Monday, May 25, 2015

Neon Gradient + Stars and Moon Nail Art

Hi guys! I hope you had a lovely weekend, and Happy Memorial Day! Today I have some nail art inspired by Kimberlyn from @nailmachine on IG. I was planning on doing a mani with an orange/pink/purple gradient, only thing was that I couldn't figure out what to put on them. So I go on IG, and as I'm scrolling through my feed I came across Kimberlyn's cute nail art design. It was such a coincidence that she used the same gradient, so I thought I'd recreate it. The nail art design was inspired by her. By the way, my camera totally freaked out with the neon polishes. I just wish you could see the pink and purple better on all the pictures. The pink looks more orange, and the purple looks pink on the first pictures.
I always struggle with gradients when I use polish. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, lol. Pieces of the sponge stay behind and just makes the mani bumpy and weird, which is why I prefer to use acrylic paint for my gradients. Anyways, I hope that with practice I get the hang of it. So, I did the orange/pink/purple gradient and topped it off with Wet N Wild "Kaleidoscope". Because, well glitter! Hehe. I put on a coat of matte top coat for a smoother surface, and once dry, I did the design with white acrylic paint. I finished it off with top coat.
Holding Charlotte Russe "No Name":
I absolutely love how these turned out. Going through that gradient struggle was totally worth it. Lol!
Well that's it for this post everyone. Thanks for stopping by and until next time.
-Ana
Polishes Used:
Orange: Wet N Wild "Sunny Side Up"
Pink: Charlotte Russe "No Name"
Purple: Beauty Concepts "No Name"
Glitter Topper: Wet N Wild "Kaleidoscope"
Matte Top Coat: Wet N Wild "Matte Top Coat"
Glossy Top Coat: LACC Beauty "2013 Top Coat"

No comments:

Post a Comment