Sunday, December 14, 2014

Snowflakes and Candy Canes

Hi everyone! Today I bring you my first official holiday mani of 2014. I knew I had to use L'oreal "Pop the Bubbles" from my last post because it's so Christmas-y. I fell in love with the end result.
With Top Coat:
I began with 2 coats of "Pop the Bubbles" on my pointer, middle and pinky. On my thumb and ring finger I did 2 coats of Bonita Colors "Spice It Up". After everything dried, I applied striping tape on my thumb and ring finger to create the candy cane pattern. Once I had all the striping tape in place, I added one coat of "Pop the Bubbles" over each of the nails (thumb and ring) and removed the tape right after. I did these one at a time by the way. On my middle finger I painted a snowflake in the middle of the nail with white acrylic paint and paintbrush, I also brushed on a bit of "Spice It Up" around the snowflake. On my pointer and pinky, I painted some random stars and added 'falling snow' with a dotting tool and toothpick. I let everything dry and added top coat.
Matte Top Coat:
Below is a mani comparison, glossy on top and matte on bottom. Although you can hardly tell, but you can see the glossy version does show some sparkle. Honestly, my matte top coat has seen better days you guys. You can see the difference in my last post where I swatched "Pop the Bubbles", it was working much better than it did this time. Also, my sister surprised me with a new bottle of matte top coat recently because I was running out, so yay for awesome sisters. Lol!
Well thanks for reading everyone, I hope you enjoyed this post. If you decide to recreate this or any of my other manis, remember to tag me on Instagram and/or use the hashtag in my bio so I can see your recreations. If you haven't followed me and would like to, click here. I hope you all have a lovely day, and until next time.

Top Coats Used:
Glossy: Wet N Wild "Clear Nail Protector"
Matte: Wet N Wild "Matte Top Coat"

No comments:

Post a Comment