Sunday, January 25, 2015

Stardust Polish

Hi everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your weekend. I'd been meaning to write this post days ago, but I hadn't gotten the chance to. I've been so excited to show you these wonderful polishes from the indie brand Stardust Polish (a brand I hadn't tried, but wanted to). These were a gift from the talented Christina (known on Instagram as @tinas_polish) for a giveaway I won some time back. She picked out 2 based on my favorite color: blue. Also, Drema (owner of Stardust Polish) sent me 2 extra which I really didn't expect, but deeply appreciated. If either of them read this, I'd like to thank them once again for their generosity. I absolutely loved the polishes they chose. So, let me show you why I fell in love with each.
First up are Drema's choices.
Glitterati is a beautiful clear base glitter polish. At first glance, you see a purple sparkly glitter polish, but it's so much more. This polish is full of different colored glitters, I'm not even sure of how many there are. I saw dark blue, green, red, magenta, and maybe some silver and gold. I can't be too sure, but it's amazing! It's like a party in a bottle. It reminded me of the colorful confetti my family would use for (I believe) New Years. For the pictures below, I did 3 coats plus topcoat/matte. Although, you can do 2 and it'd be fine, but I wanted to reach full opacity. The dry time was super quick as well which I love.
Glossy Top Coat/Matte on ring finger:
Glossy and Matte Comparison:
Pelvic Sorcery is a lime green jelly polish with shimmer and a variety of pink glitters. Some of the pink glitters are squares or hexagons, and they come in different sizes. Also, there are some holo and some matte glitters in dark and light pink. I've always loved green and pink combined, not sure why but I just like the color combo. It always reminds me of strawberries and watermelon for some reason, and thanks to Christina, now it reminds me of Dinosaurs too, lol. For the pictures below, I did 4 coats plus topcoat/matte. Again, you can do 3 coats but I did 4 to show it fully opaque. This polish also dries fast.
Glossy Top Coat/Matte on ring finger:
Next are Christina's picks.
Stephany is a light blue holo polish. It reminded me of Belle's (from Beauty and the Beast) blue dress. It's such a pretty blue. For the pictures below, I did 2 coats plus topcoat/matte. It also dries pretty quick.
Glossy Top Coat/Matte on ring finger:
Glossy and Matte Comparison:
Kinda Jazzy is a gorgeous cerulean blue jelly base polish full of blue holo glitter. It's so sparkly! It makes me think "Under the Sea" or of ocean-y depths, even though I really have no idea what that looks like. I know, totally weird, but that's what comes to mind ok. Lol! Well I think this might have been my favorite out of them all, I just love these kinds of blues. Like I said before, it's just gorgeous! For the pictures below, I did 3 coats plus topcoat/matte. Again, you can do 2 coats but I did a third to get it fully opaque. The dry time is also quick with this polish.
Glossy Top Coat/Matte on ring finger:
Glossy and Matte Comparison:
So what do you think of the polishes? Aren't they just wonderful? I thought they were. It was my very first time trying out this indie brand, and I can tell you that I really loved everything about them. First of all, they are beautiful. Also, every polish dried in less than 5 minutes. That is a big plus for me because I don't like waiting long, lol. Yes, I get impatient sometimes when polish takes a long time to dry. I know with 3 of the polishes I needed like 3-4 coats to get it opaque, but again, if the drying time is quick it doesn't bother me. Also, you can certainly use less coats, depends on the look you're going for. Hopefully, I can purchase some polishes from Drema in the near future (crossing my fingers). I was very impressed with the quality of her polishes and I'm now officially a fan. If you'd like to check out her store, you can click here. If you'd like to follow her on Instagram for updates on her polishes, click here. You should also check out Christina's Instagram, she does beautiful nail art and is super sweet. I linked her IG page towards the beginning of this post.
Thank you for stopping by, and like always, I hope you enjoyed. Until next time guys, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment