Sunday, March 29, 2015

Return of the Rainbow Collab

Hey guys, Happy Sunday. Today I bring you a beautiful rainbow! A rainbow mani, that is. Lol. So, Amber from nailslikelace on Instagram, hosted a nail art collaboration. The theme was rainbow. 54 people participated and Amber put this colorful collage together.
Collage by Amber:
Amber said we could do anything we wanted with the theme. We could use pastels, neons, the regular rainbow colors, etc. I decided to stick with the regular colors for my mani. I wasn't sure what to do, but I thought about recreating a mani I did last year with rainbow colors. I ended up doing something completely different because I wanted to blobbicure a second time. Apart from the blobbicure, I also wanted to incorporate a gradient. So that's what I did, check it out.
For the blobbicure, I first did a coat of white polish. Once dry, I added the second coat and added the blobs of colorful polish while the white polish was still wet. I did this, one nail at a time. I waited a while before finally adding top coat, but unfortunately, the polish still smeared. For the gradient, I first applied a coat of white polish so the colors would pop more. Then, I did the gradient with acrylic paints and topped it off with a glitter topper. Everything was sealed with a top coat. This mani was so colorful, fun and sparkly. I just loved it! Even though it smeared, it still looked pretty cool.
Rainbow Blobbicure Close-Up:
Rainbow Gradient Close-Up:
Well thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed the post. Until next time.
-Ana
Polishes Used:
White: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "French White Creme"
Red: Daily Hues Nail Lacquer "Carol"
Orange: Sally Hansen (Complete Salon Manicure) "Hot Lava"
Yellow: NYC "Copabanana"
Green: Daily Hues Nail Lacquer "Holly"
Blue: Wet N Wild (Wild Shine) "Blue Moon"
Purple: Avon (Nailwear Pro+) "Night Violet"
Top Coat: LACC "2013 Top Coat"

No comments:

Post a Comment