Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Bestie Twin Nails with Amanda

Happy Tuesday guys. Can you believe that we're a fourth of the way into the year? That's just crazy. Anyways, tomorrow is the beginning of April, and April is Amanda's (sparklicious_nails on Instagram) birthday month. So to celebrate, Amanda decided to do various Bestie Twin Nail collabs, and I was lucky enough to be one of those she picked. If you guys don't follow her already, you should check out her page. She's very talented. Amanda asked those interested in doing a BTN with her, to send an inspiration. I sent her a picture of a mani done by Cho, who is extremely talented as well, she's better known as chorubim on Instagram. It's a mani I've wanted to recreate for a long time, and it seemed like a very fun and pretty mani to do. You can see it here. Amanda agreed and we chose her favorite colors, since we're celebrating her. We also had to choose a different glitter topper because she didn't have a black and white glitter topper. I'm so happy with the outcome, both of our manis came out very nice. Check out the collage she put together. Isn't it pretty?
Collage by Amanda:
Solo Shot:
So in order to achieve this look, I painted my middle nail a metal silver, and then added 2 coats of a sheer lighter silver so it wouldn't look so dark. On my index and pinky I did 3 coats of white polish, and 2 coats on my ring finger for my gradient. After dry, I used acrylic paints for my gradient as well as the dots. I added the green and blue glitter topper over my finished gradient, and then added top coat to seal off my design.
Mani is more color accurate here:

Close-Ups:
I love our manis! The color combination is just beautiful, and the glitter topper goes well with it too. I hope you guys like them as much as Amanda and I did.

Thank you Amanda for letting me do these with you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Well thanks for stopping by guys, until next time.
-Ana
Polishes Used:
Top Coat: LACC "2013 Top Coat"
White: Wet N Wild "French White Creme"
Green/Blue Glitter: Sally Hansen (Complete Salon Manicure) "3, 2, 1derland"
Sheer Silver: Sinful Colors "Out of this World"
Metal Silver: Elf Nail Polish "Liquid Metal"

No comments:

Post a Comment